With renewable energy gaining popularity by the day, more and more modern camper owners decide to embrace the idea of solar panels as they travel. Able to generate electricity as long as there is sunlight, solar panels provide RVing enthusiasts with access to limitless power as they explore the outdoors.
Still, not everyone could set up a system of solar panels and associated components on their rig in order to take advantage of solar energy. The installation of solar panels, the running of cables, the consideration for space and so on just prove too tedious for a number of people.
Knowing that, brands introduce to the market a new series of devices: solar battery chargers. If you add a RV solar battery charger to your travel inventory, you can directly charge the battery bank of your vehicle using solar energy.
- Comparison Chart Of The Best RV Solar Battery Chargers
- RV Solar Battery Chargers: The Basics
- Best Solar Battery Chargers For RV
- 1. Suner Power BC-6W – Best Overall
- 2. Sunway SWS-C2W001 – Best Value For Money
- 3. Battery Tender 021-1164 – Editor’s Choice
- 4. Eco-Worthy L02EP10BB18V-1
- 5. Topsolar T05M30C10W-1
- 6. Mighty Max Solar Charger
- 7. Sunapex Solar Charger
- 8. Powoxi Solar Charger
- 9. Solperk Solar Charger
- 10. Topsolar Flexible Solar Charger
- 11. Powiser Solar Charger
- 12. Eco-Worthy AM-P20X-CB-1
- Finding The Best RV Solar Battery Charger: Buyer’s Guide
- RV Solar Battery Charger Top Brands
- FAQs about RV Solar Chargers
Comparison Chart Of The Best RV Solar Battery Chargers
|Product's name||Price||Key Features||More Info|
|SUNER POWER 12V Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer - Portable 6W Solar...||$39.95||Voltage: 12V|
Reverse discharge protection
|See Latest Price|
|Sunway Solar Car Battery Trickle Charger & Maintainer 12V Solar Panel Power...||$26.99||Voltage: 12V|
Integral charge indicator
Ultra-clear PV glass
|See Latest Price|
|Battery Tender 5W Solar 12 Volt Battery Charger, 270 mAmp - Weatherproof by...||$$$$||Voltage: 12V|
Temperature compensation sensor
|See Latest Price|
|ECO-WORTHY 12 Volt 10 Watt Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer, Solar...||$41.99||Voltage: 12V|
Cigarette lighter socket adapter
Built-in blocking diodes
Peel-off plastic film
|See Latest Price|
|Topsolar Solar Panel Kit 30W 12V Monocrystalline Battery Charger Maintainer...||$59.99||Voltage: 12V|
|See Latest Price|
|Mighty Max Battery 10 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel Charger for Deep...||$$$$||Voltage: 12V|
|See Latest Price|
|SUNAPEX 10W 12V Portable Solar Battery Charger & Maintainer - Solar...||$30.99||Voltage: 12V|
Intelligent charge controller
|See Latest Price|
|POWOXI Solar Battery Charger 12 Volt 10W Solar Panel Kit for Car, Boat, RV,...||$$$$||Voltage: 12V|
Alligator clips and cigarette lighter adapter
|See Latest Price|
|SOLPERK Solar Panel Kit 20W 12V, Solar Battery Trickle Charger Maintainer +...||$49.99||Voltage: 12V|
Adjustable mounting bracket
Weatherproof film and aluminum frame
|See Latest Price|
|Topsolar Flexible Solar Panel 100W 24V/12V Monocrystalline Bendable - 100...||$$$$||Voltage: 12V|
|See Latest Price|
|OYMSAE 10W 12V Solar Panel Car Battery Charger Portable Waterproof Power...||$29.99||Voltage: 12V|
LED indicator lights
Integrated charging microprocessor
|See Latest Price|
|ECO-WORTHY 25 Watts 12V Off Grid Solar Panel SAE Connector Kit: Waterproof...||$57.99||Voltage: 12V|
|See Latest Price|
RV Solar Battery Chargers: The Basics
What is a solar charger?
In layman’s terms, a RV solar battery charger is a purpose-design charger that could charge battery banks of recreational vehicles using solar energy. Packing built-in solar panels, solar battery chargers for RV tend to take moments to set up and put away.
How does it work?
When sunlight touches the solar panels of solar battery chargers, there would be a contact between photons (sunlight) and electrons (solar cells) which generate electricity. Assuming that the connection is good, the electricity that the solar battery chargers generate is going to move into batteries.
At that point, people can do whatever they want with the electricity they have in the batteries of their vehicles. In most of the cases, an inverter is necessary to change electricity from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC).
Benefits of RV solar chargers
- Independence: Unlike other types of chargers for recreational vehicles, solar battery chargers allow camper owners to recharge battery banks anywhere and anytime during the day. That is a big plus for those with busy schedules.
- Longevity: Since RV solar battery chargers produce pure electricity, they optimize the lifespan of batteries in quite a few conditions. By using solar battery chargers, RVers could extend the replacement interval of batteries in the battery bank with relative ease.
- Quiet: In the course of operation, solar battery chargers stay silent so they don’t disturb people in the surrounding. You happen to have sensitive hearing and wish to keep the level of noise down? Then it’s strongly recommended that you grab a solar battery charger for your RV.
- Expense: To work, all solar battery chargers need is sunlight. Hence, with these chargers onboard, people have an easy time powering appliances and cutting utility bills at the same time.
- Environment: Solar battery chargers for RV release nothing as they generate electricity for the batteries. Because of that, the chargers receive a shower of praise from eco-conscious RV owners.
Types of RV solar battery chargers
Today’s market contains various solar battery chargers for recreational vehicles but it’s possible to split models into three types: monocrystalline, polycrystalline and amorphous
- Monocrystalline Solar Chargers: Capable of generating electricity even if the availability of sunlight is less than ideal, monocrystalline solar chargers work well in numerous situations. In addition to that, models of the type boast top-notch endurance so they last a long time in use. That being said, monocrystalline solar chargers cost a lot so RVing enthusiasts have to take the shopping budget into account.
- Polycrystalline Solar Chargers: Reaching the market at reasonable prices, polycrystalline solar chargers prove popular among RV owners with tight wallets. Featuring a compact profile, models of the type only occupy a bit of space in the interior of rigs too. Still, in exchange, the efficiency of polycrystalline solar chargers is mediocre so the flow of electricity is not exactly impressive.
- Amorphous Solar Chargers: Also known as thin-film solar chargers, amorphous solar chargers don’t have many competitors in the market in terms of affordability. Furthermore, with fantastic flexibility, models of the type give RVers an assortment of charging options. For drawbacks, amorphous solar chargers take up a large amount of space inside recreational vehicles.
Best Solar Battery Chargers For RV
With different people looking for different things, the RV community is at odds about the best RV solar battery charger. However, in the case that you want to get your money’s worth, you should check out the models below:
1. Suner Power BC-6W – Best Overall
- [Charge Anywhere] The solar charger converts light energy from sun into 12 volt DC electricity and transported to...
- [Charger & Maintainer] The product is a solar powered battery charger and maintainer, safely charges and maintains...
- [Reverse Protection] The solar charger will not damage or over charge your battery, similarly, built-in blocking...
Why This Is The Best:
Made from the ground up for RVing, Suner Power BC-6W rarely let RVers down in the course of operation. With tempered glass on its solar panel, this solar charger could handle high loads for an extended period of time. In addition, possessing a fantastic efficiency, it guarantees a flow of electricity to batteries of recreational vehicles in daylight hours. Hence, once it comes to maintaining the charge level of battery banks, people regard this solar charger for RV as one of the leading models
We like the fact that the solar charger made by Suner Power features a series of built-in blocking diodes. Thanks to the reverse discharge protection the diodes provide, it’s able to minimize the odds of electricity moving backward. As a result, in the case that you worry about battery drain, you have to consider grabbing this solar charger. It reaches the market at a budget-friendly price so its purchase would have insignificant impacts on your upcoming spendings.
About installation, BC-6W is simple to position and secure in most of the cases. This RV solar battery charger works with a lot of batteries such as AGM, SLA, Gel, and more so incompatibility is less than an issue.
2. Sunway SWS-C2W001 – Best Value For Money
- [Simple and Very Easy to Use]---The solar battery charger panel mounts easily to the windshield or dash and...
- [Solar Panel Power up to 1.8W]--This trickle charger will NOT overcharge your battery! Keep your 12 Volt batteries...
- [Stronger and Durable]-This solar powered battery charger is Covered with ultra clear PV glass which is more...
Why It’s The Best Value:
Experience difficulty finding a solar trickle charger for RV that can keep the batteries of your rig at full charge? Then it’s strongly recommended that you give Sunway SWS-C2W001 a look and see what it could do. As an amorphous solar charger, this solar charger offers a mediocre output but that is enough to maintain the charge level of battery banks at 100%. Moreover, similar to its contemporaries on the market, it’s designed with blocking diodes for reverse discharge protection so electricity only moves in one direction.
Via the integral charge indicator, we usually have an easy time determining the status of SWS-C2W001 in use. Since this solar charge comes alongside accessories (suction cups, battery clamps and an adapter), our testes could put it to use out of the box. Aside from that, it boasts ABS housing that endures bumps and hits with relative ease. Therefore, if you pick up this solar charger, many years should pass before you have to get yourself a replacement.
Available at a price that everyone can accept, the Sunway solar charger earns a shower of praise from battery charger reviews for its terrific affordability. It requires little care too so there is no need to give it unique treatment.
3. Battery Tender 021-1164 – Editor’s Choice
- Output: 12 VDC, 270 mAmp DC, 5W max for battery charging and maintenance
- Worry free: Reverse polarity protection, weatherproof, spark proof, built in temperature compensation sensor, and...
- Great for: Outdoor use, trickle charging, off road motorcycle, all-terrain vehicles
Why It’s An Editor’s Choice:
By incorporating a microcontroller, Battery Tender 021-1164 is able to deliver smart charging that maximizes the longevity of batteries on RV. Owing to the presence of a temperature compensation sensor, this solar could adjust the power output to match temperature changes and accelerate the charging time. That is why it’s popular among RVing enthusiasts that travel year-round and lack the time to micromanage the charging of their batteries. Additionally, proof against weather elements, this solar charger performs well in a wide range of conditions.
Slim and sleek, the RV solar charger of Battery Tender possesses tip-top handling characteristics so our testers need mere moments to set it up. Interestingly, with reverse polarity protection, it won’t sustain any damage even if we mess up the polarities during installation. Outside of use, this solar charger for RV occupies a small amount of space in the interior of recreational vehicles. That is advantageous for those who cannot spare much space inside their ride yet still want a good solar charger.
As proof of confidence, Battery Tender willingly gives RVers that buy 021-1164 a five-year warranty. If your solar charger fails due to defects within the warranty period, you could claim a replacement free of charge.
4. Eco-Worthy L02EP10BB18V-1
- 10W 12V Solar Car Battery Charger is the perfect trickle charger/maintainer for 12V batteries of cars, motorcycles,...
- It can be placed for a long time to maintain the battery without disconnecting.Since it will not overcharge the...
- Daily maintenance for 12V batteries,suitable for vehicles in outdoor work or travel or camping training. Easy to...
Why We Love It:
Packing everything that camper owners desire in a RV solar battery charger, Eco-Worthy L02EP10BB18V-1 is a must-have for modern RVing. Since it’s compatible with standard 12V batteries, this solar charger is capable of working with an assortment of battery banks of recreational vehicles nowadays. Furthermore, on arrival, it’s accompanied by cigarette lighter socket adapter and battery terminal clamps. That means with this solar charger, RVers have two ways to tackle the self-discharge of their batteries and stop the charge level from falling.
We love the peel-off plastic film on L02EP10BB18V-1 as it protects the solar panel from scratches. When the need arises, our testers could get the plastic film off the solar panel in just a few seconds. Regarding maintenance, this solar battery charger for RV is going to run for a long time without requiring special attention. If you don’t like to use chargers with complex maintenance requirements, you must consider adding it to your shortlist.
Introduced to the market at a reasonable price, the solar charger from Eco-Worthy suits a lot of shopping budgets. To reassure customers, Eco-Worthy backs its product with a one-year warranty that speaks volumes.
5. Topsolar T05M30C10W-1
- Perfect for off grid 12 volt batteries charging system and a variety of DC applications, designed for charging 12...
- Solar panel kits, package included 30 watts solar panel, 10A 12V/24V solar charger regulator controller and two...
- With the 10A solar charger controller, it can prevent the battery from over charge, over voltage, discharge and...
Why We Love It:
Thanks to the applications of innovations, Topsolar T05M30C10W-1 effectively and efficiently addresses issues like short-circuit, reversed polarity, overcharging, over-discharging, etc. That is why once it comes to safety, this RV solar charger is by all accounts superior to traditional models. In addition, with a combination of tempered glass and rust-resistant aluminum, it could take on the challenges of RVing. Needless to say, this solar charger is a favorite of various full-time RVers who place quality above all else.
For installation, the solar charger of Topsolar comes with alligator clips and O-rings for battery terminals so we need seconds to set it up. If the connection is good, the monocrystalline solar panel would proceed to generate electricity that charges the batteries of RV. As its solar panel is able to work in a multitude of environments, this solar charger is one of the top RV solar battery charger kits in terms of adaptability. It’s a breeze to maintain too and that allows people to focus on more pressing matters on the road.
Compared to most of its market competitors, Topsolar T05M30C10W-1 is a bit expensive but the values it provides match its price tag. This solar charger also holds up well over time too, thus, RVers can save some bucks in the long run.
6. Mighty Max Solar Charger
- MLS-10WP is 12v 10 watt polycrystaline solar panel
- Dimensions: 13.75 inches x 10 inches x .75 inches. Pre drilled diodes in junction box and a pair of 6.5 foot cables...
- Strong aluminum frame and high efficiency solar cells bade on photvoltaic technology
Why We Love It:
Despite its plain appearance, Mighty Max Solar Charger is a solid model that could provide electricity to batteries of recreational vehicles on a consistent basis. Featuring high-efficiency polycrystalline solar cells, this solar-powered battery charger for RV easily keeps battery banks topped off as long as there is sunlight. Moreover, sold alongside a pair of cables with attached alligator clips, it’s ready to use the moment RVers take it out of the packaging. This solar charger even boasts a series of pre-drilled holes so people don’t have to use a lot of time setting it up.
Possessing an aluminum frame, the solar charger made by Mighty Max packs fantastic resistance against outdoor elements and physical impacts. Because of that, it proves to be a great companion for many of our testers who tend to travel extensively. Engineered for universal applications, it’s capable of charging an assortment of vehicle batteries from lead-acid to lithium-ion. As some of us happen to use more than one type of battery in the battery bank of RV, such compatibility is a big plus.
Mighty Max Solar Charger is an economical charger, hence, squeezing it into the spending plan is a piece of cake. Upon purchase, it’s backed with a one-year warranty that covers manufacturing defects so RVers have something to count on when things turn south.
7. Sunapex Solar Charger
- [More efficient]: 30% high conversion rate crystalline silicon material + 95% high transmittance ETFE material,...
- [Built-in intelligent controller]: The charging algorithm is upgraded, and the charging efficiency is increased by...
- [Easier to monitor]: The solar panel junction box has three-color LED indicators, which help visually monitor the...
Why We Love It:
Designed for modern demands and built to last, Sunapex Solar Charger is able to give a good account of itself in quite a few arrangements. Owing to the honeycomb structure, this solar charger outmatches other models on the market once it comes to power generation. Additionally, the use of crystalline silicon with its magnificent conversion rate ensures a flow of electricity to the battery bank. Unsurprisingly, this solar charger earns compliments from those that have a wide range of appliances to run on their RV.
About control, the RV solar charger of Sunapex contains an intelligent charge controller that regulates its operation so we don’t have to do much. It automatically charges batteries during the day and shut down at night without draining electricity. At any time, via the colored LED indicators, our testers could tell the status of this solar charge at a glance and that is handy. Finally, with comprehensive protections against charging issues, it guarantees a sublime level of safety for the batteries in the outdoors.
In terms of resilience, the solar panel of Sunapex Solar Charger incorporates a layer of PCB to prevent internal chipping. Besides that, this solar charger utilizes waterproof ETFE instead of PET for material so it can deal with splashes of water.
8. Powoxi Solar Charger
- 【30% Ultra-high Efficiency】 High-quality crystalline silicon material, the efficiency is as high as 30%. 12v...
- 【Protection Program】 The solar power battery charger uses a built-in blocking diode to prevent reverse...
- 【More Durable+Low Maintenance】 12 volt solar battery charger covers professional solar glass, high light...
Why We Love It:
As a plug-and-play model, Powoxi Solar Charger just requires a bit of time to install and there is no need for specialized tools. Accompanied by alligator clips and cigarette lighter adapter, it could charge RV battery banks through the battery terminal as well as the cigarette lighter socket. Furthermore, this solar charger features blocking diodes that keep batteries from being drained of electricity. Because of that, it excels at maintaining the charger level of battery banks of recreational vehicles as time passes by.
Boasting an impact-resistant, low-iron solar panel, the solar charger from Powoxi is capable of withstanding everything we throw at it on the road. Therefore, our testers could secure electricity from it in a lot of situations which grants them extra flexibility while traveling. For compatibility, this solar charger works with many types of batteries for recreational vehicles: Gel, SLA, AGM and so on. That means if you pick it up, you would have an easy time charging your battery bank regardless of the types of batteries in there.
Distributed at a cheap price, Powoxi Solar Charger matches the wallet of the average camper owners who cannot spend big bucks on solar battery chargers. About post-purchase support, this solar trickle charger for RV battery bank is backed with a one-year warranty that brings people peace of mind.
9. Solperk Solar Charger
- 【Outstanding Quality】 20W latest upgraded solar module improves conversion efficiency, reduces cells loss, and...
- 【2022 upgrade intelligent maintenance】The charging efficiency of the upgraded controller is 20%-30% higher than...
- ☞【Easy Installation】Equipped with an adjustable mounting bracket, which can rotate 360 degrees to get the...
Why We Love It:
Possessing a monocrystalline solar panel with a conversion rate of 24%, Solperk Solar Charger is second to none in its price range in terms of efficiency. Thanks to the advanced algorithm, the charge controller of this solar charger is able to optimize the charging process too. That is why it could easily maintain the charge level of battery banks of recreational vehicles no matter what happens. In addition to that, with outstanding compatibility, this solar charger would charge all types of batteries for RV equally well.
Engineered with weatherproof film and aluminum frame, the solar charger for RV of Solperk would remain uncompromised even if exposed to elements for years. Also, packing protection against under/over-voltage, short-circuit and similar threats to batteries, it extends the longevity of our batteries. Hence, with this solar charger onboard, we don’t have to buy tons of replacement batteries as we travel. Noteworthily, it’s a breeze to maintain and requires very little care from RVing enthusiasts to stay up and running.
On arrival, Solperk Solar Charger comes with the hardware for installation: alligator clips, screws, cables, … The bracket of this solar charger is adjustable so re-orienting it throughout the day for maximum sunlight exposure is a walk in the park.
10. Topsolar Flexible Solar Charger
- 【Good flexibility】The minimum radius of the arc that a solar flexible panel can reach is 40cm(15.75 in).It is...
- 【Light weight & easy to install】It is only 0.1 inches tall and weighs only 3.97lb, which is very suitable for...
- 【High conversion efficiency】High efficient monocrystalline solar cell, adopt unique back contact technology and...
Why We Love It:
So you like the idea behind Topsolar T05M30C10W-1 but your battery bank needs a bit more power? If that happens to be the case, you must check out Topsolar Flexible Solar Charger. With a voltage of 12V and a wattage of 100W, this solar charge could bring nearly-depleted battery banks back to full charge before long. Moreover, in use, it’s capable of getting rid of electrodes that block sunlight so the conversion rate is going to stay constant over time.
One of the things we like about the solar charge made by Topsolar is that it’s bendable which lets it adapt to numerous settings. As a result, our testers could get this solar charge for RV into position in a blink of an eye. In spite of its flexibility, it manages to resist high temperatures and splashes of water well so performance seldom fluctuates. If stability is your number one priority while changing batteries, this solar charger for RV is exactly what you need.
Regarding maintenance, Topsolar Flexible Solar Charger is simple to clean so keeping it in working order is child’s play. Topsolar backs its solar battery chargers for recreational vehicles with a one-year warranty that puts camper owners at ease.
11. Powiser Solar Charger
- ☀[Charge Visualization]The indicator lights can help you understand the charging status: the blue light is on...
- ☀[Intelligent Protection] Built-in charging microprocessor, improved charging algorithm, can provide overvoltage...
- ☀[Higher Conversion Rate]The regular convex points of surface distribution are conducive to the secondary...
Why We Love It:
Created with an emphasis on convenience, Powiser Solar Charger is well-liked by RV owners who don’t have all day to master complex devices. Carrying LED indicator lights, this solar charger could keep people up-to-date about the charging progress and associated issues. Additionally, it’s protected against a wide range of problems from short-circuit to overcharging. That is why compared to regular market models, this RV solar charger packs a stellar operating record on the road.
In the course of operation, the solar charger of Powiser is able to generate electricity throughout the day owing to new and improved photoelectric conversion. Hence, with it around, our testers don’t have to worry about the charge level of their batteries dropping low. We also appreciate the fact that this RV solar trickle charger comes with a cable kit, clips suction cups, … as it facilitates the setup process. With it by our side, topping off the battery bank of vehicles as we explore the outdoors is a cinch.
For affordability, Powiser Solar Charger is inexpensive and that makes it the favored model of many cost-conscious RVing enthusiasts. It’s accompanied by a one-year warranty too so people can rest assured knowing that in times of need, the brand is there for them.
12. Eco-Worthy AM-P20X-CB-1
- [Plug & Play] SAE connectors cable is easy to install and virtual free maintenance and two cable with alligator...
- [Widely Used] Ideal solar power kit for variety of off grid applications including chicken coop, gate opener, water...
- [Durable Panel] Waterproof 25 Watt solar panel with 9.84ft SAE connector cable, SAE connectors easy to connect and...
Why We Love It:
Capable of powering a multitude of off-grid applications, Eco-Worthy AM-P20X-CB-1 is the charger of choice for many full-time RVers. At 12V, the voltage of this solar charger for RV allows it to work with all sorts of battery banks. Furthermore, with a wattage of 25W, it would quickly bring batteries to full charge and then maintain the charge level. Because of that, this solar charger receives high scores from reviews that cover solar chargers for today’s recreational vehicles.
Put together with ease of installation in mind, AM-P20X-CB-1 takes a couple of moments to set up. Our testers enjoy using the SAE connectors which could be connected and disconnected in just a blink of an eye. The presence of a USB port on the charge controller means it’s possible to charge batteries and electronics at the same time as well. Last but not least, through light indicators, we have an easy time supervising the charging process of this solar charger.
Once it comes to level of safety, the comprehensive protections of the Eco-Worthy solar charger never fail to please. Reversed polarity, short circuit and charging issues like them won’t affect the field performance of this RV solar charger.
Finding The Best RV Solar Battery Charger: Buyer’s Guide
RVers have numerous opinions about what could be called the best RV solar battery but to make a wise investment, you must memorize these criteria
Dimensions of the interior change between recreational vehicles which is why you have to pay special attention to size as you search for quality chargers. The last thing you want to do is to spend money on models that your RV is incapable of accommodating. Nowadays, you would be able to determine the size of a certain solar charger by reading its owner’s manual. In the case that the numbers don’t suggest a match for the space you have, it’s best to move on to other models.
To put it plainly, the power rating of a RV solar battery charger dictates the time it takes to recharge the batteries of recreational vehicles. By considering the power consumption of your recreational vehicle, you could make the right call. If you just need to get a small amount of electricity to run your appliances outdoors, feel free to settle for standard models. On the other hand, if you own a power-hungry rig, go for solar battery chargers with high power ratings.
EASE OF USE
RVing involves enough stress as it is so it’s a good idea to give ease of use some thought while checking out market chargers. Usually, the owner’s manual of a model should tell you whether you can master its operation on the road. To avoid headaches, you have to think about issues like cables, connectors and so on. Moreover, it’s widely advised that you take a look at several customer reviews and see what people have to say regarding particular solar chargers.
So your shortlist consists of solar chargers with similar capabilities and you have a hard time making up your time? Then it’s strongly recommended that you focus on the features of the models. For instance, if you don’t want electricity to flow in reserve and drain your RV battery bank in the process, you should cross out solar chargers that lack blocking diodes. Also, in the case that you desire a certain level of flexibility as you set up your solar charger, stick to models with extended cables.
In case you don’t know, the higher the efficiency, the easier solar chargers could produce electricity for the batteries. The efficiency of models on the market varies but for your own good, make 20% the minimum for your solar charger. If you pick up models with high efficiencies, you would have an easy time charging the battery bank of your RV even in bad weather. Also, solar chargers that pack high efficiencies eliminate the hassle of reorientation as the sun changes position throughout the day.
$25 – $50: Despite the absence of exceptional qualities in their design, solar chargers in the range still adapt well to various arrangements. Furthermore, being budget-friendly, models that cost from $25 to $50 suit the wallet of most RVers.
$50 – $100: Possessing superb versatility, solar chargers in the range give a good account themselves in use without needing too much care. Wish to spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time worrying about your charger? Then you should prioritize models with price tags between $50 and $100.
Above $100: Made with top-of-the-line materials and state-of-the-art features, solar chargers in the range rarely fail to please their users. Needless to say, no-nonsense RVers with money to spend tend to think highly of models that cost more than $100.
RV Solar Battery Charger Top Brands
Modern-day RV solar battery chargers come from multiple brands but once it comes to reputability, a couple of names stand out from the rest
As a long-established brand with a lot of experience, Suner Power knows what must be done to meet the requirements of regular camper owners. Because of that, numerous RVers from novices to veterans hold Suner Power solar chargers in high esteem.
Thanks to the emphasis on optimization, Sunway is able to put together solid RV solar chargers that last for years. You travel around the year and don’t have many opportunities to replace your charger? In that case, you have to keep an eye out for models made by Sunway.
By continuously innovating production, Battery Tender manages to keep its solar chargers for recreational vehicles competitive as timeless passes by. Besides that, models of Sunway reach the market across the price points so RVing enthusiasts have a number of choices regardless of their shopping budget.
With a user-oriented approach, Powiser as well as its solar chargers earn countless compliments from people who prize convenience. It’s worth pointing out that Powiser distributes its model with accessories which remove the need to make additional purchases.
FAQs about RV Solar Chargers
1. What is reverse discharge protection?
Essentially, reverse discharge protection prevents the electricity that solar panels generate in use from going back the way it comes. Quite a few solar chargers incorporate blocking diodes as a form of reverse discharge protection. By making use of the blocking diodes, solar chargers would ensure that electricity moves from high voltage to low voltage.
2. Could I use solar chargers to charge devices?
It depends. For instance, certain solar chargers contain USB ports that allow them to recharge electronics such as smartphones, laptops, … You should be able to determine the kinds of devices that your RV solar battery charger can charge by going through its owner’s manual.
3. Do I need to use specific chargers for specific batteries?
Various solar chargers could charge conventional battery banks of RV but particular models only work with some types of batteries. As a result, it’s imperative to get a solar charger that is compatible with the batteries on your rig.
4. Is trickle charging important?
It’s safe to say that all batteries self-discharge over time: their charge level steadily drops even when idle. If your solar charger could offer trickle charging, it could keep your battery bank at full charge which is advantageous.